Sunday, November 18, 2012

Submissions Flowing & a note on payments

I'm pleased to say that both the quality and quantity of submissions to "The Temporal Element" anthology have increased this past week.  While I hadn't gotten anything the previous two weeks, things have started to come in again, and I have several very qualified stories that are due to get acceptance letters soon.  Right now, I'm pretty busy with NaNoWriMo and another big non-writing project, so the acceptance letters may not get sent out until the first week of December.  I always like to be thorough and read each story twice before making a final decision.

Now, some of you who have had stories accepted to the anthology may be wondering about the payment I've offered.  Yes, the Mercury Dime & Buffalo nickel pay will be forthcoming for each accepted story from authors living in the USA.  However, I plan to send them all out at once, after the final stories have been accepted and the anthology is on its way to the publisher.  This won't happen until February or March.  I know, some of you may be impatient, but rest assured your 15 cents will be sent.  I'm also planning to make some kind of "letter of authenticity," denoting what the payment is for.  It may be suitable for framing, but that'll be up to you.

While the coins may not ship until the last stories are accepted, I have been paying the international authors their $5 right away via paypal.  There have only been a few of them thus far, and it seemed simple enough to get it out of the way.

That's about it for this update.  I've got to get back to work on "Unforsaken," and continue to tinker with my other project.  I may put up an exposé on my non-writing endeavor later this week.  You might find it interesting.

1 comment: