Sunday, May 13, 2012

Family History Hiatus

You may have noticed that I haven’t put down a fresh family Sunday post for a while, and I must report that it’ll be a while longer before I get around to writing more of them.  At present, I have a lot on my plate, and other things must take precedence.

One major problem I have at the moment with my family research lies with a computer failure.  I recently had some hard drive issues, and had to install a fresh copy of Windows XP.  Well, the copy I have is 5 years old, and it turns out that Family Tree Maker 2011 requires a pretty up-to-date version to work.  So, until I get a bunch of updates downloaded and installed (which could be a month or two with my dial-up connection), I can’t access a lot of my data with ease.  It’s another convenient excuse to take a break.

This coming Fall/Winter, I hope to find the time to do some more comprehensive research into various lines, and thoroughly peruse the 1940 Census (which should be indexed by then).

In the meantime, feel free to drop me a line anytime about the preexisting lines I have posted.  I’m always eager to hear fresh stories and receive old pictures to add to the collection (there are still a lot of photo-holes on my father’s side of the family in particular).  Don’t be shy to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment