Thursday, March 15, 2012

Birthday Book Bomb Event

On April 7, 2012, I'll be turning 32.  Yea, another birthday!  It's really a day like any other in life, and as I've previously mentioned, there isn't really a big fuss made over this occurrence.  It's just an arbitrary mark on the calendar that identifies when I've existed in this human form through one more passage of the Earth around the Sun.  How very special!

As much as I haven't been doing a whole lot to celebrate in recent years (largely because I don't have the sorts of friends who get really excited about such things), I do appreciate my life, and like to do something to commemorate it.  This year, I'm trying to get people involved, and encourage them to discover my published works.  I'm doing this with a "Birthday Book Bomb" event on facebook, which asks people to pick one of my books and purchase it on my birthday.

Coordinating a buying event like this is certainly a tricky thing, but if enough people sign up and participate, it could make a huge difference in the fate of my writing career.  If a good number of people actually buy just one of my books or e-books on a single day, it would send a message that my books are profitable.  It would certainly help the small presses that have released my books, and it could encourage others to pick up my unpublished titles.  Most importantly, it would help new readers to discover my quality writings, and spread the word about my many works already available in the marketplace.

I can't do this without your help!  If you can budget a few dollars for this book-buying event, it would be very helpful, but more than that, I need you to spread the word.  Tell your friends about this event.  Copy the link to the facebook event page, and pass it along to anyone you know who reads.  Also, invite as many facebook friends as you can!  Every single person matters, and en-masse, you are a force to be reckoned with.  Be my reading army, and make this Book Bomb event a MOAB*!

There is no greater promotional tool than word of mouth.  Speaking up or remaining quiet, both have an impact.  Grant me a small birthday wish, and be the voice that speaks of me.



*MOAB (moe'ab) n. Abbreviation for Mother of All Bombs

No comments:

Post a Comment