Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Six-Gun Conjurer (Sneak Peek 1)

I'm pleased to announce that The Curse of Selwood, the sequel to West of the Warlock, has been completed.   The first draft was knocked out last Thursday night, and revisions are underway.  I expect to have this handed in to Hall Brothers Entertainment around the end of the month, and together we'll complete the editing process in preparation for publication.

November 1st sees the start of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), a fun little exercise where thousands of writers around the world attempt to write an entire book (50,000+ words) in 30 days.  Last year was my first time doing the contest, and I succeeded with "The Time Traveler's Illegal Harem."  That's something for another sneak peek column or two, but today I'd like to announce this year's NaNoWriMo project, The Six-Gun Conjurer!

Hot off the completion of my second Fantasy Western, I think it is best that I take that momentum and write yet another volume in the series.  I already have some threads to continue from the first two books, and some brand new ideas are cropping up.  Of course, I can't start writing until the first of November (no cheating here), but I can work on the plot, and share the following teaser pitch:

The 3rd volume of the "Fantasy Western" saga! In 19th century America, where magic and technology exist side by side, Ron Grimes is a deputy in the growing Nevada town of Selwood. Following tragedy and political upheaval in the town, this middle-aged dwarf finds himself caught up amongst various controversies.  As pawns and powerbrokers jockey for position, a conflicted lawman must decide what is more important, his job or his heart.  All the while, elven deputy Joella Talus must brave the ridicule of her estranged clan to save her sister from a sinister fate. All this and Thomas Edison in "Six-Gun Conjurer."

Wow, that's got to spark some interest!  I can't wait to get started.  Bring on NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment