Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Villas Colony Project

Years ago, I played an online game of sorts called NationStates, where people create fictional countries, and direct their development through a series of issues which come up.  It's not the most time-consuming thing (unless you get into the Role Playing or forum discussions), and I hadn't been there in years.  Though, the other day I came up with a new idea which the NS site could help me with.  I decided to create a nation based on Villas Colony, as seen in The Guns of Mars.

Villas Colony is one of the
key Martian settlements in
The Guns of Mars
Of course, the nation can't be a mirror of the first Martian colonies as they appear in Guns, as the game is designed for Earth-based nations with terrestrial problems.  However, I'm going to see how things go, addressing each issue the way Melinda  Faris and the ruling minds of Villas Colony would in my book.  It should be an interesting experience to see how things develop.

I invite you to keep an eye on Villas Colony, and see how it grows.  If you feel adventurous, you can always create your own nation, and see how much fun it can be (or find yourself bored out of your skull, it all depends on individual temperament).

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of NationStates and I'm fascinated by it. When I have some more time I'll take a peek at the website. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete